Find out how our Gaithersburg, Urbana, Clarksburg, and Potomac, MD chiropractors can help reduce neck pain and other issues.
You’ve been dealing with persistent neck pain, tingling, or numbness? You haven’t been able to manage your symptoms with medications and other treatment options? Then you may be missing on the most effective ways to reduce your neck ailment: chiropractic care in Gaithersburg, Urbana, Clarksburg, and Potomac, MD. Find out how we can treat your neck issues and improve your health.
Your Gaithersburg, Urbana, Clarksburg, and Potomac chiropractor can treat a variety of different neck problems, including:
- Joint sprain
- Degenerative joint disorder
- Cervical sprain injuries
- Disc injuries in the neck
How do we diagnose neck pain?
We will discuss the symptoms you’ve been experiencing and then examine your spine to check its overall health, since other regions may also be affected. When it comes to treating a patient, we focus on treating everyone as a whole. This may mean offering you advice on nutrition, managing stress, ergonomics, and other lifestyle factors that may play into your neck pain.
In addition to the physical exam, we may also need to perform imaging tests, like X-rays or an MRI, to diagnose the exact cause of your pain.
How will we treat your neck pain?
Your treatment plan will depend on the cause and severity of your neck pain. Here are some of the most common types of chiropractic techniques we use to help reduce your symptoms:
- Spinal manipulation: By manually applying a gentle force to certain areas of the spine, we can help to improve range-of-motion and joint mobility to help reduce pain.
- Flexion distraction manipulation: By focusing on just one vertebra at a time, we can help to release pressure in certain areas of the spine to reduce pain and increase movement by applying gentle spinal manipulation.
- Instrument manipulation: By using handheld instruments, we can apply the proper amount of force to manipulate certain areas of the spine.
We may also recommend any of these other therapies:
- Therapeutic massage
- Trigger point therapy
- Soft tissue therapy
- Manual joint stretching
- Electrical stimulation
From sports injuries to fibromyalgia, the Gaithersburg, Urbana, Clarksburg, and Potomac, MD chiropractic team at King Chiropractic is here to treat a variety of common conditions that plague you. Turn to the experts to care for your body.