Are you anxious to get off the bench and back into the game but are sidelined by a sports injury? The chiropractors at King Chiropractic in Urbana, Potomac, Gaithersburg and Clarksburg, MD, explain how chiropractic treatment can help you recover from sports injuries.
What types of sports injuries do chiropractors treat?
Chiropractic treatment is effective for all types of sports injuries. Whether you've hurt yourself playing football, training for a marathon or riding your bike, you can benefit from a visit to our Urbana, Potomac, Gaithersburg or Clarksburg offices. We often see patients who've experienced:
- Sprains and strains
- Tennis or golf elbow
- Hamstring injuries
- Pulled groins
- Knee pain
- Shin splints
- Lower back or neck strain
How are sports injuries treated?
Chiropractors offer several treatments that can be helpful in treating sports injuries, such as:
- Spinal Manipulation: Using manual spinal manipulation, your chiropractor restores the normal alignment of the vertebrae in your spine. When your spine is out of alignment, your muscles and tendons can become stressed and tight, restricting your normal range of motion. Alignments help you move your joints more easily, ease pressure on nerves, speed healing by increasing blood flow to the injured area and prevent the formation of scar tissue.
- Ultrasound Therapy: Ultrasound waves reach deep into your muscles to reduce stiffness and swelling and help your tissues heal.
- Massage Therapy: Massages help relax stiff muscles and also improve circulation to your tissues.
- Mobilization: During mobilization, your joints will be gently stretched to improve mobility and reduce pain.
- Electrical Stimulation: Pain from sore, strained muscles can be relieved with electrical stimulation, a treatment that uses gentle electrical pulses.
- Other Treatments: During your visit, other therapies, such as ice packs, heat therapy, trigger point therapy or dynamic stretching may also be used.
In addition to offering effective treatments for your pain, your chiropractor can also recommend specific exercises that will help strengthen the muscles supporting your joints and suggest modifications that can help you avoid injuries in the future.
Find relief from your sports injuries with chiropractic treatment. Schedule an appointment with the Chiropractors at King Chiropractic by calling (240) 430-7103 for the Potomac office, (301) 926-5200 for the Gaithersburg office, (301) 874-9002 for the Urbana office or (240) 745-2151 for the Clarksburg office.