Work Related Injury? Your Chiropractor Can Help!
By King Chiropractic
February 05, 2015
Tags: Work Injuries
There were more than three million non-fatal workplace injuries reported in 2013 according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Injuries are most frequent on jobs that are very labor intensive, like construction and manufacturing facilities. Many patients come to King Chiropractic in Gaithersburg, Potomac, Urbana and Clarksburg, for help with work-related injuries that require the help of a skilled chiropractor. Learn more about common injuries that happen on the job and how a chiropractic doctor can be of assistance.
Common Work Related Injuries
As the phrase suggests, a work-related injury is one that happens on the job or as a result of performing activities that are a part of your job description. Here are a few of the most common workplace injuries:
- Overexertion (strain on the back and other body parts due to lifting and pulling heavy objections)
- Repetitious motions (doing the same activity over and over again, causing sprain, strain or pinching of the nerves)
- Compression (body parts getting caught in machinery)
- Being struck (when a heavy object falls on or strikes a worker)
- Falls (injuries related to falling from high places, like ladders and platforms while working)
Therapies and Treatments
There a number of treatments available to patients who have experienced injuries on the job. The experienced Doctors at King Chiropractic can do adjustments in the area to decrease swelling and pain. Other treatments and therapies include:
- Massage therapy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Heat and ice therapy
- Disc injury treatment (flexing of the spine and pelvic blocking)
An initial consultation with a chiropractor is necessary to pinpoint the problem and then decide on an appropriate treatment plan.
Working with You to Get You Back on the Job
The doctors at King Chiropractic will work with you to ensure that you get the treatment and care that you need to get back to work. Contact our offices in Gaithersburg, Potomac, Urbana and Clarksburg to schedule an appointment with a skilled chiropractor who is familiar with your injury.