The more you understand your body and how it functions, the better equipped you'll be at taking care of yourself to achieve optimal health. We've included the Patient Education section on our website to provide you with valuable, practical wellness information which you can incorporate into your lifestyle to improve the quality of your life. We hope you will turn to these pages whenever you have a question about health related issues and urge you to contact our practice at any time to make an appointment with one of our doctors.
- If you have asthma or allergies, wear a mask.
- Stand as straight as possible, and keep your head up as you rake or mow.
- Try to mow during the early morning and early evening hours, when the sun is not so hot. Drink plenty of fluids to keep your muscles hydrated. Protect yourself by wearing a hat, shoes, earplugs, and protective glasses.
- Use as much as your body weight as possible to move your mower (unless it is self-propelled). This will minimize excessive strain to your arms and back.
- When picking up piles of leaves or grass from the grass catcher, bend at your knees, not at your waist.