The more you understand your body and how it functions, the better equipped you'll be at taking care of yourself to achieve optimal health. We've included the Patient Education section on our website to provide you with valuable, practical wellness information which you can incorporate into your lifestyle to improve the quality of your life. We hope you will turn to these pages whenever you have a question about health related issues and urge you to contact our practice at any time to make an appointment with one of our doctors.
A neurological exam involves a thorough exploration of the body's arms, legs, and trunk.
If you have a neurological exam, your chiropractor may look for signs of:
- Bowel or bladder problems
- Gait problems (walking, running, climbing stairs, etc.)
- Muscle spasms or twitching
- Numbness, tingling, or pain and whether changing positions relieves those symptoms
- Problems with balance
- Weakened muscle strength and tone
- Weakened reflexes (a sign of possible damage to the spinal cord, nerves, or muscles)
- Weakness (consistent or intermittent) in your arms or legs