Most people will deal with some form of back pain from time to time. With more and more people living a predominantly sedentary lifestyle than ever before, coupled with factors like increasing obesity rates and an aging population, chronic lower back pain and spine problems will most likely affect more and more Americans in the future. Many people needlessly live with pain because they believe it is inevitable, especially with age. But the doctors at King Chiropractic in Gaithersburg, Urbana, Clarksburg and Potomac, MD recommend seeking treatment at the first sign of persistent pain, in order to avoid complications that can negatively affect the ability to move and enjoy a healthy and active quality of life.
Get Treatment and Relief from Back Pain in Gaithersburg, Urbana, Clarksburg and Potomac, MD
Like any physical ailment, the first step in treating back pain is to identify the underlying cause. There can be many factors that contribute to soreness, pain and stiffness in the back, including:
- Injuries like muscle and ligament strains and tears and ruptured and herniated discs
- Spinal problems like scoliosis or spinal stenosis
But back pain can also develop in the absence of a mechanical injury. In some cases, chronic pain results from lifestyle factors that are within a person's control. According to data from the American Osteopathic Association and the Spinal Health Institute, you may also be at risk for developing (or worsening) back pain from:
- Smoking (tobacco can cause the discs in the spine to become dehydrated and brittle, making them more vulnerable to cracks and ruptures)
- Wear footwear lacking in support, like excessively high heels or flip flops
- Sleep on a mattress that is too soft and does not provide adequate support for the neck and spine
- Unhealthy diet lacking in essential vitamins and nutrients (increasing the risk for inflammation and obesity)
- Lead a physically inactive or sedentary lifestyle (it may seem counterintuitive, but not moving enough can actually lead to or make back pain worse)
Whether you are experiencing pain due to a sports injury, a work-related repetitive motion injury or other back problems, King Chiropractic offers a range of pain management and relief solutions.
Find a Chiropractor in Gaithersburg, Urbana, Clarksburg and Potomac, MD
Suffering from back pain does not have to be a permanent way of life. For more information on the best treatment options and lifestyle modifications for your situation, contact King Chiropractic to schedule an appointment in Gaithersburg, Urbana, Clarksburg and Potomac, MD today.